“I believe that in today’s world, it’s never safe to stand still. The markets are constantly changing.”
-- Stephen Leeb, Ph.D., Chief Investment Officer
But with so many uncertain factors at work, how can an investor know which sectors are up, and which are verging on a downturn?
Unfortunately, there is no exact science. There is, however, a proven plan: conduct intensive, on-going research. Pay constant attention to one’s stocks. Diversify. And equally important, focus on what we believe are only the very best companies.
Can the average investor invest in such a sophisticated and diligent manner? We believe the answer is yes. Three years ago, I started the Leeb Focus Fund so that investors like you can put this philosophy to work in your portfolio with one decision.
About The Leeb Focus Fund
Which brokers can help me invest in the Leeb Focus Fund?
An experienced approach to navigate turbulence
At Leeb, we believe due diligence never stops. We strive to be on constant vigil, following trends, tracking our holdings, and on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary that might signal the need for an adjustment.
Here’s how our process works:
- Identify the big trends. We conduct intensive, ongoing research to identify the macro trends influencing the global economy and markets. We focus our attention on the sectors we believe are poised for above average growth while avoiding those sectors facing headwinds.
- Find “franchise” leaders. Within the chosen sectors, we seek out dominant companies we expect to benefit most from these macro trends.
- Construct the portfolio. We build our portfolio with precision, focusing in two key areas:
- Select what we believe are tomorrow’s best stocks today. We try to pick not only those companies with dominant market positions, but also strong companies whose share price is undervalued relative to peers and the market as a whole.
- Protection is usually the name of the game. Stocks in dominant companies are often safer in their own right. In addition, we buttress these holdings with a well-researched selection of other stocks. Hedges are vital in the current climate—we expect the economic headwinds will continue for some time.
- Monitor vigilantly. With continual monitoring, we make sure our chosen companies are living up to our expectations. And although we try to keep portfolio turnover low, we won’t hesitate to act should the market dictate action. At all times, we keep a diversified portfolio, with what we believe are only the strongest companies.
Lipper Inc. - A Reuters Company, is a nationally recognized organization that ranks the performance of mutual funds within a universe of funds that have similar investment objectives. Rankings are historical with capital gains and dividends reinvested. The date of the since - inception Lipper ranking is slightly different from when the fund began operations since Lipper provides fund rankings as of the last day of the month or the first Thursday after fund inception.
You should carefully consider the investment objectives, potential risks, management fees, and charges and expenses of the Fund before investing. The Fund's prospectus contains this and other information about the Fund, and should be read carefully before investing. You may obtain a current copy of the Fund's prospectus by calling 1-866-400-LEEB (5332) or by downloading one here.
The Fund's past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance of the Fund may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Performance data current to the most recent month end may be obtained by calling 1-866-400-LEEB (5332).
Due to the strategy pursued by the advisor, the Fund may experience a high portfolio turnover rate. Because the Fund will bear its share of the fees and expenses of the underlying securities, you will pay higher total expenses than would be the case if you invested directly in these securities. Diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against loss.
The Leeb Fund is distributed by Unified Financial Securities, 2960 N. Meridian St., Suite 300, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208-4715 (Member FINRA)